Himachal Pradesh Forest Services Paper:
What does the local Himachali term shigri mean?
- Which are the two major rivers of the Indian subcontinent, flowing in different directions, which draw water from Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: Indus & Ganga
- At which place do the tributaries, Chandra, and bhagha, meet to form the Chenab river?
Ans: Tandi In Lahaul-Spiti
- What percentage of the area of Himachal Pradesh is cultivable?
- At which Place in Himachal Pradesh has a vegetable ghee plant-in the private sector been set up?
Ans: Nalagarh(50 tonnes daily production)
- At which place in Himachal Pradesh is the world’s Highest cricket ground located?
Ans: Chail, District Solan
- In which year did government of Himachal Pradesh abolish big landed estates?
Click Here: Governor and chief minister of India
- In which Year was the treaty of Sagauli, between the Gorkhas and the British, signed?
Ans: 1815 A.D
- Who was responsible for spreading Buddhism in Himachal Pradesh in the 8TH century A.D?
- In which district of Himachal Pradesh is the Bhuntar airport located?
- What got top priority in the first five-year plan of Himachal Pradesh in which 50% of the entire expenditure was incurred?
Ans: Road Construction
- Who led the Aryan Conquest of Himachal Pradesh Between 3000 to 2500 B.C?
- What was the confederacy of six republics, mentioned in the Mahabharata and other books, Know as?
Ans: Trigarta Shashtha
Himachal Pradesh Forest Services:
- At which Place in Himachal Pradesh does the Sutlej Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited Propose to Start its 412MW power generation project with the help of a loan from the World Bank?
Ans: Rampur (District Shimla)
- In which year did Dr. Y.S Parmar become Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Part –C state?
Ans: 24 March 1952
- In which Princely State of Himachal Pradesh did the Praja Mandal demand abolition of Begar, in 1939?
- Who Commanded the Gorkha army which attacked Kangra in 1805 A.D?
Ans: Amar Singh Thapa
- Who was the Hindu King to confront Mehmood Ghaznavi When he invaded India 1001 A.D?
Ans: Jaipal of Hindu Shahiya dynasty
- What is the name given to the battle of ten Aryan Kings in the ancient history of Himachal Pradesh?
- On the Banks of which river did Alexander erect twelve huge altars to mark the Farthest point of his advance into India?
Ans: Beas (Hyphiasis)
1-10) Give full Forms of Five of the following abbreviations:
- ISRO: Indian Space Research Organisation
- NABARD: National Bank For Agricultural & Rural Development
- NGO: Non-Governmental Organisation
- BHEL: Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd.
- WTO: World Trade Organisation
- WMD: Weapons of Mass Distraction
- FICCI: Federation of India Chambers of Commerce & industry
- ONGC: Oil & Natural Gas Corporation
- VAT: Value Added Tax
- NASA: National Aeronautics & Space Administration
Click Here: IMPORTANT HP GK QUIZ FOR ALLIED EXAM
Answer the following Questions:
- In which country is Darfur located?
Forest Servies solved Question Paper
- Our National Anthem is composed by
Ans: Rabindranath Tagore
- Who won the Dada Sahib Phalke Award for 2005?
Ans: Shyam Benegal
Which city in the world is known as the “City of the Golden Gate”?
Ans: San Francisco
- Who is the first Indian woman Member of Parliament to receive the outstanding Parliamentarian Award?
Ans: Mrs. Sushma Swaraj
- Which river Passing into India is known as the Yarlung Tsangpo in China?
- In which state of India is Hem Kund Saheb, Famous center of Sikh Pilgrim, located?
- Which Nobel Prize winner for peace is Known as the father of the Green Revolution?
Ans: Dr. Norman Barlaug (USA)
- Who was the first Indian to be elected as a Member of the British Parliament?
Ans: Dada Bhai Naoroji
- Who was the first Secretary- General of the UNO?
Ans: Trygve Havlidine Lie
- Who is the author of the Nobel Prize-winning play “St. Joan”?
Ans: G.B Shaw
- Which country secured independence from Indonesia?
Ans: East Timor
- Who was the first Indian celebrity whose wax figure was installed at Madam Tussad’s Museum in England?
Ans: Mahatma Gandhi
- What is Beg ben?
Ans: A clock Tower in London
- In which state of India is the famous Tirupati Balaji temple located?
Ans: Andhra Pradesh
- Which is Known as the lung of the world?
Ans: Equatorial Rain Forests